To Enter Victoria
Domestic visitors to Victoria no longer need to get a travel permit to enter the state, regardless of their vaccination status, unless they have been overseas in the past 14 days.
You are not required to quarantine or hold a permit to enter Victoria from another Australian state or territory to visit, work, transit, or if you are a cross-border resident.
You do not require a permit if you have completed hotel quarantine interstate and wish to enter Victoria.
Victorian residents who tested positive to COVID-19 interstate can return home to complete their isolation. You must take precautions to avoid putting other people at risk while travelling, such as wearing a mask, maintaining physical distance from others, and not leaving your vehicle unless necessary.
International travellers who enter Victoria from another state or territory must comply with the quarantine and testing requirements for international travellers from the time they arrive in Victoria. Visit Information for overseas travellers for more information.
Face masks must be worn:
- in all indoor settings
- at outdoor events with more than 30,000 attendees unless they are seated.
A face mask is not mandatory in the following groups or situations:
- infants and children under 8 years of age
- students in primary school in Grade 2 and below
- when attending a private residence, unless attending for real estate activities
- a couple being married, during their wedding ceremony, or while being photographed at the wedding
- while engaged in any strenuous physical exercise such as running or cycling
- when consuming medicine, food or drink
- persons for whom the nature of their work or education means that wearing a face mask creates a risk to health and safety
- persons for whom the nature of their work or education means that clear enunciation or visibility of their mouth is essential. This includes teaching, lecturing or broadcasting
- the person is receiving or providing a service and it is not reasonably practicable to receive or provide that service wearing a face covering e.g. beard trims, singing performances.
For more information on face mask requirements, including all exceptions visit Face masks - when to wear a face mask.
General Victoria Coronavirus Information Helpline – 1800 675 398
- WorkSafe: Managing COVID-19 risks – face coverings in workplaces External link (opens in same window)
- DHHS: Preventing infection in the workplace External link (opens in same window)
- DHHS: Preparing for a case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace External link (opens in same window)
- DHHS: Planning and responding to cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) External link (opens in same window)
- DHHS: Cleaning and disinfecting to reduce COVID-19 transmission
Dairy Australia have made the following resources available:
- Dairy Farm COVIDSafe Plan Template, Victoria - All businesses must now have COVIDSafe Plans if they have onsite operations which including all dairy farms.
- COVID-19 Quick checklist for farms - This checklist helps farmers to mitigating the risk of COVID-19 on their farm.
- COVID-19 Preventing the spread during milking factsheet - This factsheet outlines how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 during milking.
- COVID-19 Physical distancing during milking factsheet - This factsheet provides guidance on how to physically distance during milking.
- COVID-19 Milking shed poster - Poster for farmers with instructions on how to minimize ther risk of spreading COVID-19 during milking.
- COVID-19 Guidelines for farm milk collection
- COVID-19 Milk Pick-up poster - Poster for farmers with instructions for milk tanker operators to minimize risk of spreading COVID-19 on-farm.
- COVID-19 Fast facts for preventing the spread on farm
- COVID-19 Farm set up to prevent the spread factsheet
- COVID-19 Checklist for farms affected by a positive diagnosis (July 29th 2020) - Checklist for dairy farms affected by a COVID-19 positive diagnosis.
- COVID-19 Physical distancing for service providers on farm - This factsheet provides guidance on how to physically distance during service provider visits
- COVID-19 Mitigating the risk for business owners factsheet - This factsheet outlines key considerations for small owner-operator airy businesses trying to mitigate the risk of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Checklist for disinfecting the dairy and COVID-19 Disinfectant for dairy farms
- COVID-19 Dairy farm biosecurity - This document outlines key considerations on biosecurity on-farm during COVID-19 in relation to farm visitors
Posters for Business