Would you like your staff to benefit from your own industry experience? Did you know that a workplace mentoring program is one of the most cost-effective ways to develop the current and future potential of your staff and employees?
Want to know more? Members are invited to register their interest in a NHIA Mentorship Training workshop, to be held during July 2023.
Run in conjunction with Jennifer Campbell from The Training Whisperer, twenty places are available for this workshop. Mentoring was identified by members attending January’s forum at International Dairy Week as a key area of interest for the herd improvement sector.
The workshop will be held in Victoria with date and venue to be confirmed based on the location of those registering their interest.
What can you expect?
The workshop will be practical in nature and is intended to provide participants with the confidence and resources to implement a simple and effective workplace mentoring program.
Key topics covered will be:
- Why the focus on mentoring now, what has changed?
- What is mentoring?
- The skills required for mentoring, with a focus on asking questions rather than telling people what to do.
- The process of mentoring in the workplace.
- Problem solving and overcoming potential challenges.
The training is being run as a one-day interactive program which, with the small group format, will provide members with the opportunity to develop and practice new skills in a supportive environment.
Participants will receive a practical Learner Guide and support materials following the workshop to assist with implementation of a mentoring program in their workplace.
Should the workshop be oversubscribed, NHIA will look to host a second session in conjunction with The Training Whisperer later in the year.
Registering your interest
To register your contact Sara Merckel at [email protected]. Please make sure to include the following details:
- Your work location and ability to travel for the workshop
- Any areas you would like to see covered at the workshop
- Any experience you have of mentorship programs (as a mentor or recipient)
- Any dates you cannot make during July
Please note only 20 places available for this first workshop.
Register your interest by close of business Wednesday 14th June